Phone (Direct Line): 404 817 8041 Email: email@example.com
Jesse Burbage presents a unique breadth and depth of education, training and experience as a business lawyer.
Mr. Burbage commenced his legal education in 1977 when he received a Rotary International Scholarship to study law at Ruhr University at Bochum, West Germany under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Dres. h.c. Marcus Lutter. In 1978, he returned to the United States and attended the University of Georgia School of Law.
Mr. Burbage graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1981. During his second year in law school, Mr. Burbage was one of the few law students to be both a member of the Georgia Law Review and moot court. In his senior year, Mr. Burbage was selected to the managing board of the law review. He also continued his moot court activities, winning the prestigious Talmadge Moot Court Competition.
After graduating, Mr. Burbage was awarded a federal judicial clerkship with The Honorable Lewis R. Morgan, United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit. As a law clerk, Mr. Burbage provided support services to Judge Morgan is his decisions in numerous appellate cases, including those involving significant issues of contract and intellectual property law.
Mr. Burbage completed his clerkship in 1982 and entered in private practice with the firm of Bonderant, Miller, Hishon & Stephenson. As an associate, he was trained in the practice areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate tax, corporate finance and corporate securities, including the representation of both privately held and publicly traded companies in securities offerings. Starting in 1985, Mr. Burbage broadened his practice to include representation of businesses in areas of technology licensing and intellectual property protection.
Mr. Burbage has training and experience in wide range of corporate and business matters with extensive experience in the automotive parts supply sector. The following is a summary of certain areas of his experience:
- Manufacturing, Supplier Representation
- Representation of both domestic and international automotive parts suppliers with respect to all legal aspects of operations, including supply contract negotiation (both as vendor and customer), pricing/terms re-negotiation, surcharge recovery, warranty and other breach of contract claims
- Engaged in providing legal and consulting services the structuring and implementation of overseas outsourcing arrangements in both information technology and manufacturing
- Joint Ventures, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Structured and negotiated international joint venture agreements in automotive parts sector and related technology licensing and supply agreements
- Negotiated joint venture dispute resolution
- Negotiated joint venture dissolutions, settlement agreements
- Engaged as legal counsel in numerous mergers and acquisitions representing buyers or sellers, including the negotiation and drafting of all transactional documents
- Advised in structuring of all types of transactions as to address tax, risk avoidance and other business issues.
- Corporate Finance – Equity
- Counseled private companies on wide range of issues arising in connection with raising of equity capital, including securities law compliance, equity structuring, shareholders agreements and all types of anti-dilution mechanisms
- Provided legal services in connection with raising of capital from all types of sources including seed capital through angel investors and growth capital through venture capitalists and institutional/strategic investors
- Provided securities compliance advice in raising equity to companies in range of industry classifications, including information technology, biotechnology, commercial real estate (warehouses, hotel and apartment complexes) and cable
- Corporate Finance – Asset Securitizations
- Counseled companies in structuring and implementation of complex special purpose subsidiary and trust structures for asset securitizations of all types of commercial and consumer financial instruments – e.g. financings involving commercial real estate, inventory, retail installment sales contracts and leases
- Corporate Finance – Debt
- Provided legal services in connection with arranging for institutional loans involving all types of tangible and intangible collateral
- Negotiated and implemented loan workouts, including loan restructurings, forbearance and debt substitution
- Corporate Governance
- Provided legal counsel to address numerous types of corporate governance matters including those involving: shareholder approval of extraordinary transactions; shareholders disputes; buy-sell arrangements; and dissenter’s rights
- Contracting and Employee Matters
- Drafted and negotiated all types of contracts, including licensing, subcontracting, consulting and supply; and dealt with customary employment matters including employment contracts, incentive plans, non-competition covenants and terminations
Illustrative case studies provided on request